[h-e-w] Using LaTeX with emacs on windows xp

From: Paula Stella Teixeira
Subject: [h-e-w] Using LaTeX with emacs on windows xp
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:08:22 -0000

Hi,

I am installing emacs and miktek on my notebook (windows xp) following the
suggestions on http://www.math.auc.dk/~dethlef/Tips/introduction.html.
However, I haven't managed to use LaTeX with my emacs yet.
The following error message occurs when I try C-c C-c <ret>:

Running `LaTeX' on `lshort' with ``latex --src-specials
\nonstopmode\input{lshort.tex}''
'latex'  not recognised as command or batch file

LaTeX exited abnormally with code 1 at Fri Jan 03 14:53:35

I would be most grateful if anyone could help me with this problem!

Happy New Year wishes,
Paula Teixeira