Re: [h-e-w] term/w32-win.el could not be found

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] term/w32-win.el could not be found
Date: 20 Jan 2003 17:54:54 +0100

Hi,

M R <address@hidden> writes:

> I downloaded and unpacked the emacs-21.2-barebin-i386.tar.gz
> distribution from http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/latest/
> (dated 2002-03-21 04:14:28 PM).
[...]
> Everything looks good.  But when I run runemacs.exe, I get the error
> "Emacs Windows initialization file term/w32-win.el could not be
> found".

You have three guesses why that package is called "barebin" ;-)

Download the "fullbin" package instead.  And before you ask, the "bin"
package would also run, but it doesn't contain the ELisp source code,
which in its comments has valuable documentation for a lot of the
packages.

so long, benny