[h-e-w] ntemacs and ViaVoice

From: Charley Hamilton
Subject: [h-e-w] ntemacs and ViaVoice
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:17:10 -0800

All -

I'm trying to use ViaVoice 9 together with ntemacs
(20.7 and 21.2) when writing latex documents.
I use auctex and reftex packages, if it's relevant.
Running under win2k.

I routinely have a problem that every time I pause between
words, via voice apparently sends a signal which emacs is
interpreting so as to cause a paste operation (whatever is in
the kill ring), and a series of periods to appear.  This is
a very weird failure mode (at least to me) and I was wondering:

        - What can I do to find out what viavoice is sending
        that is setting off emacs?

        - Has anyone else successfully used voice recognition
        (ideally ViaVoice 9) software with ntemacs in any
        version?  Was there any trick to it?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Charley

University of California, Irvine        Email: address@hidden