[h-e-w] Version Control Problem

From: Richard Fieldsend
Subject: [h-e-w] Version Control Problem
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:54:58 +0000

Dear All,
I have an irritating problem. I use Emacs both at home and at Work, and both on Windows and Linux boxes. On my home machines (both Linux and Windows) the version control works brilliantly, and exactly as expected. For Windows I use the CS-RCS software I've downloaded from Component Software, which also requires vc.el, which they provide. I've downloaded and byte compiled the vc.el as expected, and don't appear to get any errors in the byte compilation, but when I try and use the version control I get an error irrespective of what I'm trying to do (check in code, register files etc).

The error is:-  Wrong type argument: sequencep, 101

The RCS software works fine with other software that knows how to integrate (specifically Microsoft Word etc), but I'd really like to be able to use version control on the html I generate in Emacs.

Other useful information:
Home PC is Windows 98, Work PC is Windows 2000, both are version 21.2 of emacs.

Thanks in anticipation

Richard