[h-e-w] Re: file ownership in NTemacs

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: file ownership in NTemacs
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:07:25 -0000

From: "Richard M. Heiberger" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 8:46 AM
Subject: file ownership in NTemacs

> 1. I would like dired to show the owner and group that Windows XT
understands,
> which I believe is the same as shown by find-dired.
>
> 4. Since there is a concept of owner and group, and since find-dired
> displays three distinct sets of permissions, I would like dired to
> also display the three distinct sets of permissions.

Dired display is done primarily by ls.  If Cygwin ls displays what you want
then you can make dired use Cygwin ls; going to the ls customization buffer
and turning off the use of ls-lisp should suffice provided Cygwin ls is in
your path.  The ls used by NTEmacs by default is ls-lisp, which just formats
information provided to it by a compiled C function, so it's that function
that would need to be changed if the ls-lisp display is not satisfactory.

Francis