[h-e-w] Re: Precompiled cvs emacs for windows.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Precompiled cvs emacs for windows.
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 15:58:56 +0200

On Sat, 03 May 2003 01:06:44 -0400, Bijan Soleymani <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just compilled the cvs version of emacs with image support (jpeg,
> png, tiff, xpm). If anyone is intereste it can be downloaded from my
> website:
>
> http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/
>
> The tarball is 22 megs, and includes everything (even image library
> dlls).

If you've compiled it with MSVC, is *not* reliable and people shouldn't
trust their files to it. Optimized builds with MSVC 6.0 or any
build (optimized or not) with MSVC 7.0 crash just by trying to visit a
tiff or png image file.

However, any help in debugging that would be welcome. All I've been able
to see is that it crashes in the DLL, but I'd bet the cause is not the
DLL or a bug in the compiler, but a yet-to-be-found bug anywhere in the
image code.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u