[h-e-w] Re: Precompiled cvs emacs for windows.

From: Mike Woolley
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Precompiled cvs emacs for windows.
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 10:50:52 +0100

Chris McMahan <address@hidden> writes:

> Two versions of the same compiler absolutely point the the compiler as
> a potential culprit.

Not necessarily - MSVC pre-fills uninitialised data in debug builds
with known values. In my experience this can either cover up or expose
bugs in the code which then show / don't show in the release build...

I've compiled the code myself with MSVC 6 and the debug build works
fine (which is what I'm writing this with), but as Juanma says the
release build crashes every time when opening png or tiff files.

When I get some time, I'll see if I can get a stack trace out of it...

Cheers,
Mike