Re: [h-e-w] Compiling Emacs on XP, any howto

From: Sean Rima
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Compiling Emacs on XP, any howto
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 21:20:35 +0100

On 29 May 2003, Jason Rumney uttered the following:

> Sean Rima <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is there a howto to compile a standalone emacs/runemacs under cygwin
>
> runemacs is only for the native Windows build.
>
> To compile Emacs for cygwin, you need to get Emacs from CVS, and
> follow the directions in INSTALL-CVS and INSTALL in the base
> directory. Do not use the batch files and makefiles in the nt
> subdirectory, they are intended for the native build.

Sorry, I mean't the nt emacs, not cygwin, not sure why I typed that. I
am curious if it can be done using MinGW or anything else similar, as I
have no MS C compilers

Sean

--
     Fidonet: 2:263/950 ICQ: 679813 GPG Key 0x7DA70294
               Website http://www.tcob1.net