[h-e-w] RF help using sort-numeric-fields

From: Neil Mackie
Subject: [h-e-w] RF help using sort-numeric-fields
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:29:24 +0100

I'm trying to run the function
    sort-numeric-fields
which the documentation says takes three arguments,
    the field to sort,
    the beginning of the region to sort and
    the end of the region to sort.
I'm entering
    M-x sort-numeric-fields and <return>
expecting to be prompted for the arguments but the function is run as
soon as I enter <return>. I have tried entering arguments after
    M-x sort-numeric-fields
but only <return> is accepted. So I'm unable to tell the function which
fields I wish to sort on.

I'm doing something wrong but do not know what. Can anyone enlighten
me?

TIA,
Neil (J Mackie).

By the end of this year the Radiocommunications Agency and all responsibility
for regulating the radio spectrum and communications services will become
part of Ofcom - the new converged regulator for the communications sector.
See the Ofcom transitional website at www.Ofcom.org.uk for more details.