Re: [h-e-w] M-TAB and C-M-i

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] M-TAB and C-M-i
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:43:52 +0100

From: "David Vanderschel" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 1:00 AM

> On Monday, September 29, "Stefan Daschek" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

> >> I thought I might like to try C-M-i instead, but
> >> that combo never arrives in Emacs:
>
> >Maybe some other application is capturing C-M-i
> >before Emacs can see it.
>
> I find that this is true for all the following
> characters:
>
>      c f i l m v w

My guess is that this is mainly a BIOS bug on your machine.  I had a similar
problem affecting C-M-l some time ago, which seemed to do nothing, but a
BIOS upgrade fixed it.  (This machine is a Dell, and Dell make such upgrades
available from their web site.  I think other reputable manufacturers do
too.)

Francis