Re: [h-e-w] How to insert text at point?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] How to insert text at point?
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:42:58 +0100

Denny Löfgren wrote:

I want to defun() some functions of my own that prints out a text when run.
Whole sentences; to be used like:

"M-x my-own-javadoc"

should print out at point:

"This method was implemented by ?, in the scope of project ? and will be
used as..."

As mentioned in another reply, (insert "TEXT") will do what you want. But autoinsert.el tempo.el and skeleton.el have already solved the specific problem you want to use it for. For Java specifically, you might want to look at JDE (jde.sunsite.dk).