Re: [h-e-w] Any objections to GMANE?

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Any objections to GMANE?
Date: 09 Dec 2003 19:49:06 -0600

On Tuesday, December 09, "Sam Steingold" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> * David Vanderschel <address@hidden> [2003-12-09 16:26:28 -0600]:

>> My inclination is to add this list to those archived
>> at GMANE:  http://gmane.org/

>I am already reading this as gmane.emacs.windows

Embarrassing.  When I looked a while back, I sort of
expected to find; but I did not.  (Or possibly I
missed it because the name does not match exactly
(missing "help") and I did not see the search based on
the list's regular name.)

You'd think that if someone put it on GMANE, they
would have let the help-emacs-windows administrators
know.  :(

If there are serious objections, I can still have the
list removed.  Personally, I think it is a good idea
to archive the list there; so I am not concerned that
it is already there.  Indeed, I am pleased about it.

I will take absence of further discussion as agreement
to let the status quo (as revealed by Sam) persist.

Regards,
  David V.