Re: [h-e-w] Emacs under windows xp. Cmdproxy.exe problem

From: Harald Maier
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs under windows xp. Cmdproxy.exe problem
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:18:18 +0100

"Nickolay Tchervenski" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am running emacs on windows xp : C:\fsf\emacs-20.7\bin\runemacs.exe
> This came with fsf cd. I had a problem running dvips, which actually
> always crashed,
> So I installed miketex, for which dvips and everything else works just
> great.
>
> Now the problem comes, when I want to run commands from emacs:
>
> (setq latex-run-command "mylatex.bat")
> (setq tex-dvi-print-command "myprint.bat")
>
> And etc, => the problem is that the second time the command does not
> execute
> And cmdproxy.exe stays hanging out running..
>
> Can you suggest anything for that cmdproxy.exe
> Shall I try something like tcsch, sh, something from cygwin or somewhere
> else?

Also I still have a three year old emacs-20.7 version on my box, I
remember that with subprocesses there was some problems. You might try
some other shells as tcsh and bash. The FAQ on

  http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html

has some sections about this. But it is still a little bit cumbersome.

It looks that you have access to the Internet so you might get the
latest version of emacs from here (the official side was cracked and
the binaries are still not there):

  http://biomachina.org/courses/modeling/download/emacs-21.3-fullbin-i386.tar.gz

Harald