Re: [h-e-w] Re: ange-ftp and usernames with "@"

From: Michael R . Wolf
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: ange-ftp and usernames with "@"
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 03:07:18 -0800

Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael R. Wolf <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've got a similar question with ange-ftp
>>
>> I can get there manually like this from the command line:
>>
>> $ ftp
>>> open ftp.metajiva.com
>>> user address@hidden
>>
>> How do I enable ange-ftp to pick the right username with the
>> following, otherwise ambiguous argument to find-file?

/address@hidden@ftp.metajiva.com:

It wasn't a gateway issue, but I did find it. I removed an "@" from
the first character class to allow it to be part of the USER and
"poof", it worked.  Thanks for your encouragement.  I'd gone digging
around in the customization, scanned around the code, but was
intimidated by the shear size of it all.

    ("^/\\(\\([^@/:]*\\)@\\)?\\([^@/:]*[^@/:.]\\):\\(.*\\)" 3 2 4)

Is now this:

    ange-ftp-name-format's value is
    ("^/\\(\\([^/:]*\\)@\\)?\\([^@/:]*[^@/:.]\\):\\(.*\\)" 3 2 4)

    Documentation:
    *Format of a fully expanded remote file name.

    This is a list of the form (REGEXP HOST USER NAME),
    where REGEXP is a regular expression matching
    the full remote name, and HOST, USER, and NAME are the numbers of
    parenthesized expressions in REGEXP for the components (in that order).

    You can customize this variable.

    Defined in `ange-ftp'.

--
Michael R. Wolf