Re: [h-e-w] heading a large file

From: MJ Chan
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] heading a large file
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:19:08 -0500

Is it 30 bits or 29 bits in CVS version? The CVS version that I'm
running has GCTYPEBITS set to 3, which makes it 29 bits for VALBITS.

With 29-bit emacs integers, I am able to open large files, and the
max. buffer size is doubled. This is a big improvement for me. Thank
everyone who made it happen.

MJ