Re: [h-e-w] Problems in buffer saving

From: Alvi Hirvelä
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Problems in buffer saving
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:36:57 +0200 (EET)

> What do you mean by "fails to use the source browser"? What exactly is
> the symptom you are seeing?

Well, for example, as soon as I save the buffer in emacs, the corresponding
class disappears from the class browser window (if I edit a header file). If I
save a source file and try to use the class browser to jump to a function
implementation, it fails to find the implementation and gives an error message.

As somebody asked if I'm using visemacs for integration, yes I am. But the
problem is not there, since I have tried it completely without the visemacs.
Let's make things simple and I'll describe a procedure that will show the
problem.

1) I open a project in Visual C++  and check the the class browser works for
some particular class. I'll close the Visual C++.
2) I edit the source file having the class with notepad and save it. I close
the notepad.
3) I open the project in Visual C++ and check that the class browser works for
the very same class. I close the Visual C++
4) I edit the source file having the class with emacs and save it. I close the
emacs.
5) I open the project in Visual C++ and the class browser does not even see the
class! I close the Visual C++.
6) Now I just open and save the file with notepad (no modifications to the
file!). Close notepad.
7) I open the project in Visual C++ and the class browser works again fine!

The file after step 2 and 4 is identical when doing a binary diff.

I hope somebody has an idea how to resolve this problem.

thanks,
Alvi

 MTV3 Laajakaista - Hauskemman elämän puolesta.
 http://www.mtv3.fi/liittyma/hankinta/laajakaista/