Re: [h-e-w] Problems in buffer saving

From: Jeff Paquette
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Problems in buffer saving
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:00:38 -0500 (EST)

On 8 Jan 2004, Stephen Leake wrote:

> Alvi Hirvelä <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > 4) I edit the source file having the class with emacs and save it. I
> > close the emacs.
> >
> > 5) I open the project in Visual C++ and the class browser does not
> > even see the class! I close the Visual C++.
>
> Up to here, this is consistent with the problem someone else reported;
> Emacs renames the original file, while VC++ and Notepad edit it "in
> place".

What is the value of backup-by-copying?

C-H v backup-by-copying RET

backup-by-copying's value is nil

Documentation:
*Non-nil means always use copying to create backup files.
See documentation of variable `make-backup-files'.

--
Jeff Paquette
paquette at atnetsend.net          | Maintainer of VisEmacs