[h-e-w] cmdproxy running slow on XP

From: Brian . Peterson
Subject: [h-e-w] cmdproxy running slow on XP
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:21:08 -0800

Hi All:

When I launch my Java application from a cmdproxy shell in my emacs, it runs
about 3 times as slow as when I launch it from a windows cmd window. The
application does not print out very much to the window -- it just starts a
GUI display.

I tried chaning my shell to use cmd instead of cmdproxy, but that didn't
help any (I'm assuming it worked).

This behavior started only after I changed from a Win2000 to an XP machine.
Why would it matter if Java was started in a cmdproxy versus a cmd window
(on my XP machine)?

Thanks in advance,
Brian