Re: [h-e-w] Emacs 21.2, CVS switches...

From: Peter Westlake
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs 21.2, CVS switches...
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:12:14 +0200

Bill Pringlemeir <address@hidden> writes:

> I liked the `vc-directory' function in 21.2, it displays
> sub-directories on the same screen.  I don't recall 20.xx doing this.
> However, it lists files as modified when they aren't.

I'm having the same problem. The files that appear modified are those
that were last changed while daylight saving time was in effect.
Windows actually returns different modification times for a file
depending on whether or not DST is used. Most programs seem to cope
with this, but somewhere in the combination of Emacs, CVS, and VC
Dired, something is getting confused. I don't know where - CVS works
correctly on its own, so I don't think it can be that. It may be that
file-attributes function needs to be changed, or maybe only the vc
code. The vc-directory listing shows the same files as modified
whether DST is in use or not. This must offer some clue as to what is
happening, but I've no idea what.

Any suggestions as to where to fix this?

Peter.

P.S. apologies to Bill for replying to his message over two years
later, but I've only just discovered this list!