Re: Installing Cygwin (was RE: [h-e-w] Installing ispell in Emacs)

From: Ludwig, Mark
Subject: Re: Installing Cygwin (was RE: [h-e-w] Installing ispell in Emacs)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:18:12 -0500

Stephen Leake writes:

> Install Cygwin (which is a good idea anyway)....

Only if one wishes to pretend Windows is UNIX.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
I don't like Windows, but I am trying mightily to learn its wily ways,
so I can approach the problems from a stronger position of knowledge.
Using cygwin (or MKS, ...) means one is not getting to know Windows
natively, and is unwise, IMHO.  That said, the one UNIX utility I find I
miss the most is "wc"!  Go figure.

Mark