Re: [h-e-w] Installing ispell in Emacs

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Installing ispell in Emacs
Date: 22 Jun 2004 15:45:39 -0400

David Vanderschel <address@hidden> writes:

> However, my inference is based on the assumption
> that aspell has come of age - ie., that it is now
> regarded as being as good as or better than ispell.
> Naturally, I do get that impression while reading from
> the aspell Web site; but I wonder if someone else can
> confirm it based on actual experience with both.  If
> so, I will switch.

I've used both, and they work equally well for me, but aspell is
easier to install.

Hmm. I was not aware of the ispell binaries that now seem to be
available, so maybe aspell is not really easier to install.

I don't do a whole lot of spell checking, so I can't comment on the
completeness of the dictionaries, or on the support for various
document formats.

--
-- Stephe