[h-e-w] proposal of icon for gnu emacs in windows

From: Miguel Frasson
Subject: [h-e-w] proposal of icon for gnu emacs in windows
Date: 29 Jun 2004 14:40:46 +0200

Hello

I do not know if this is the right place to post this. I hope it is. If
not, please tell me where to post.

I use ntemacs for some time. I found quite ugly the default icon, that in
gray and yellow of something that resembles a gnu head, but looks like
made of strips of metal. On can find it in the google cache in

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=space.dolphin.free.fr/Windows/Tips/images/emacs.btn.gif&imgrefurl=http://space.dolphin.free.fr/Windows/Tips/unix.html&h=40&w=62&sz=2&tbnid=QDcma5XNy8kJ:&tbnh=40&tbnw=62&start=36&prev=/images%3Fq%3Demacs%26start%3D20%26imgsz%3Dicon%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN

I use gnu emacs every day at work in a gnu/linux box and there I have much
more beautiful icons to choose from. One of them is a gnu head that on can
find in http://norman.walsh.name/graphics/subjects/emacs.jpg

I have converted that to ico format, and I post it in
  http://www.math.leidenuniv.nl/~frasson/emacs.ico

The icon is not perfect (not yet a small size to use in the start menu)
but my desktop looks much better with it than with the default emacs icon.

I would like to propose the change of the default icon of ntemacs, if
people like or find it a more atractive image, as much as I do.

regards

Miguel.

--
Miguel Vinicius Santini Frasson