Re: [h-e-w] how to change my emacs fonts to Lucida Console?

From: Rob Davenport
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] how to change my emacs fonts to Lucida Console?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:41:38 -0400

On 29 Jun 2004 at 17:27, David Vanderschel wrote:

> To see what the pop-up font-setting dialogue is
> returning, try calling (w32-select-font) directly.

(You can get to the dialog with Shift-Mouse1 and try
different fonts out temporarily.  Or set them via Options->
Customize Emacs->Faces->Basic Faces->Default, IIRC.)

> PS - There recently appeared among my choices for
> fixed width fonts some new ones for a variety of
> foreign languages and whose names start with "WST-".
> I have no idea what caused them to be installed.  Does
> anyone have a guess?

I'm not sure but I first saw them plus a bunch of Indian language
fonts (and me only knowing a word or two of Tamil) when I installed
Windows XP.  I don't believe I included any foreign language support
during the installation, but I might have chosen some options like
that, that caused those fonts to be installed.  Or maybe they're just
part of XP.

Rob

--
Rob Davenport

There is no sure cure to birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
                --George Santayana