[h-e-w] Re: proposal of icon for gnu emacs in windows

From: Mike Woolley
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: proposal of icon for gnu emacs in windows
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:51:28 +0100

"Raymond Zeitler" <address@hidden> writes:

> So *that's* what it's supposed to look like.  For years, I thought it
> was some sort of mushroom thingie.  :-)
>
> Seriously, I like the original icon just fine.  Besides, I'm far too
> lazy to do anything about it.

If you don't like the "mushroom", it's easy to change without
recompiling :-)

All you have to do is set the `icon-type' property of the frame to the
pathname of the icon file you want to use (I use the following
function to facilitate that):

(defun set-frame-icon (icon-file &optional frame)
  "Set the icon for the given frame.
If no frame is given the current frame is used"
  (interactive)
  (modify-frame-parameters (or frame (selected-frame))
                           (list (cons 'icon-type icon-file))))

--
Cheers,
Mike