Réf. : Re: [h-e-w] Emacs not finding the ". emacs" file

From: gerald . jean
Subject: Réf. : Re: [h-e-w] Emacs not finding the ". emacs" file
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:55:26 -0400

Hello everyone,

thanks for so many replies.  Of course setting the HOME environment
variable was the solution; how can I forget so many things from one
installation to the next?  Now Emacs is running fine, next I am installing
auctex, MikTeX, Ghostscript, ESS and Splus, I am sure I'll realize I have
forgotten a lot of things since the last time I had to start with a "clean"
machine!!!

Thanks to all again,

Gérald Jean