Re: [h-e-w] problem with emacs/auctex/MikTeX: I can't find file `nonstop

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] problem with emacs/auctex/MikTeX: I can't find file `nonstopmodeinput{tmp.tex}
Date: 18 Aug 2004 14:43:40 -0400

"Scott, Steven" <address@hidden> writes:

> To 'latex' a file I type C-c C-c.
>
> How is the 'next-error' mechanism that you describe different from the
> C-c ` provided by auctex?

Hmm. I guess that's the same. As I said, I don't normally use auctex.

> Also, with auctex you don't need to set up a makefile, which seems
> like a bit of a hassle. I'd kind of like to work with the system I
> already know.

To each his own; I know makefiles, and I use them to run all command
line tools. That way, I only have to read the tool help to learn the
command line parameters; I don't have to dig into the Emacs packages
to figure out how they are passing the command line parameters. As you
have discovered, that can be difficult.

--
-- Stephe