Re: [h-e-w] OpenSP

From: Paul Kinnucan
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] OpenSP
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:29:23 -0400

Christopher G D Tipper writes:
 > This looks like a useful system. My basic question is mechanical: is there an
 > easy way to convert a document created in Text Mode (autofill) into XML? I
 > like to compose my essays and then worry about markup later during the
 > editorial process.
 >
 > Specifically what is the command to insert bracing tags around a paragraph,
 > for example?

1. Select the text you want to tag.

2. Choose Markup->Tag Region from the Emacs menubar
   or type C-c C-r or M-x sgml-tag-region.

   Emacs displays a list of elements that are appropriate for
   the current context, e.g., para or title,
   in a popup menu or in the minibuffer.

3. Select the tag you want to apply.

Emacs inserts the start tag for the selected element at the beginning
of the region and the corresponding end tag at the end of the region.

Paul