Re: [h-e-w] Printing from Emacs

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Printing from Emacs
Date: 13 Sep 2004 13:59:36 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Emacs 21.3 under Windows 2000.  Recently our IT people wiped my
> PC clean and installed Windows 2000 on my machine.  Since then I can't
> print from Emacs anymore.  I've been unsing Emacs on the same machine with
> Windows NT as OS for several years with no printing problems.  Now, however
> I try printing, I get the following message in the *Message* window:
>
> Formatting...done
> Printing...
> direct-print-region-helper: Lseek error: invalid argument, c:/PRN
>
> I am using the same ".emacs" file as before and I get the same message
> trying to PostScript print or just the regular Windows print.
>
> Any clue?

Try looking in the Emacs info for 'print-buffer'. It describes some
variables that Emacs uses to find the printer.

Also try running _without_ your .emacs (emacs -q).

I only use Postscript printing thru ghostscript:

;; Windows printing
(setq ps-lpr-command "c:/Apps/Ghostgum/gsview/gsprint.exe")
(setq ps-lpr-switches '("-q" "-dNOPAUSE" "-dBATCH" "-query"))
(setq ps-printer-name t) ; contrary to help for this item

--
-- Stephe