Re: [h-e-w] Middle mouse button is <down-mouse-1> instead of mouse-2

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Middle mouse button is <down-mouse-1> instead of mouse-2
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:16:31 +0100

David Vanderschel wrote:

I did not even know about w32-num-mouse-buttons, and I
am wondering what it really does.  Mine is set to 2,
but that setting does not seem to prevent events from
all three buttons on the USB mouse from getting
through nor does it prevent emacs from seeing the
touchpad button which I defined (in the Logitech Mouse
Properties dialogue) to emulate a middle button.
Setting it to 2 enables a hack in w32fns.c whereby you can get a mouse-2 event by pressing both left and right buttons at the same time. Any other value is informational only, and is only as correct as Windows/your mouse driver claims.