Re: [h-e-w] Integrating Emacs with Microsoft Word, in some way...

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Integrating Emacs with Microsoft Word, in some way...
Date: 23 Sep 2004 12:16:44 -0400

Mathias Dahl <address@hidden> writes:

> At work I am doing a great deal of writing in Word and as a vivid
> Emacs user I can be a bit frustrated sometimes as I miss certain
> text manipulating and cursor movement commands that I am used to.
>
> MS Word is the "standard" for writing specifications in my company so using
> something else (TeX, pure HTML or whatever) is out of the question.

You can write HTML in Emacs, import that into Word, and save as Word
Doc. Then if you want edit again in Emacs, save as HTML.

But writting HTML in Emacs isn't much fun. And it probably doesn't
support all of the formatting that some Word docs will have.

> Does anyone else here have the same "problem" and have you some
> other neat tricks than can help me avoid typing in Word as much as
> possible?

I use Word directly when I really have to, and LaTeX whenever I have a
choice.

Sorry not to be much help,

--
-- Stephe