Re: [h-e-w] Integrating Emacs with Microsoft Word, in some way...

From: Mattis
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Integrating Emacs with Microsoft Word, in some way...
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:32:57 +0200

> What are you looking for? Emacs keybindings in Word? Not possible.

I know that (with the exception of what Ed Park posted), that is why I
want to write the text in Emacs.

> Not sure you can get away without writing some software. Word wasn't
> designed to process markup, just text.

Well, what I was hoping for was that someone else had done something
similar to my outline-text-processing macro in VBA, but better. :)

> Not sure what you need. Can you give us more information?

Well, I thought I was quite clear in my first posting. :) I simply
want to spend as much time as possible, writing my specifications, in
emacs and only when I need to check in the document (a couple of times
per day) include the text in Word. I guess I have to edit the separate
paragrahs in Emacs and have a macro that pastes them into a open Word
document. And maybe also a macro to do the other way around; copy text
from word and paste it into emacs, using gnudoit or whatever.

Thanks for the suggestions all!

/Mathias