Re: [h-e-w] Emacs in an xterm

From: rob . davenport
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs in an xterm
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:04:50 -0400

I got emacs -nw to work nicely in the cygwin rxvt window.
Not a *true* xterm (no Tektronix support, e.g.) but it's
a nice emulator for Windows.
I had to create a "~/.inputrc" file with the line:
   "\e[3~": delete-char
in it so the Backspace and C-h keys don't get mixed up, IIRC.

Should find it in cygwin/bin/rxvt.exe.  I launch it with a shortcut
(well, hotkey via Windows Powerpro, but it's the same thing):

c:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -e /usr/bin/bash --login -i

Maybe that will be more what you're looking for.

Rob

Message from Sarir Khamsi <address@hidden>@gnu.org received on
10/07/2004 01:17 PM

10/07/2004 01:17 PM