Re: [h-e-w] Emacs & SP 2

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs & SP 2
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:05:39 +0100

"Relson, David" <address@hidden> writes:

> above).
>
>     I've tracked the problem down somewhat.  Near the beginning of
> python-mode.el is:
>
>       (require 'comint)
>       (require 'custom)
>       (require 'cl)
>       (require 'compile)
>
>     In *scratch*, I can manually execute the first 2, but executing the
> third "(require 'cl)" causes the abort.

While loading cl at runtime is a bad idea, it should not cause an
abort.

> Has anybody encountered these problems?  Is there a solution?

There was a binary version of Emacs-21.3 in the wild that had various
problems like this, due to buggy behaviour of the MingW runtime
library opening .elc files in text mode. While I can't be certain that
this is your problem, you might want to try reinstalling the current
version from ftp.gnu.org.