[h-e-w] auto text mode

From: Christopher G D Tipper
Subject: [h-e-w] auto text mode
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:39:33 +0100

Hi all,

I've been using emacs for a few months now, and still mostly use it for jotting
down thoughts in text-mode (although context mode in Auctex 11.54 is pretty
cool).

I am getting tired of the C-x b new Ret M-x text-mode Ret routine for
creating new documents. Is there any way to make text-mode automatic,
instead of emacs lisp mode? I'm sure there is, but I was hoping you would
tell me. :-)

Christopher
  "Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why
   some people appear bright until you hear them speak"
                                          - Steve Wright