Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance

From: Jeffrey Paquette
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:34:28 -0400 (EDT)

Excellent news, Matthew! What I would like to see added to
gnuclient/gnuserv is the following:

1) a --version command. I'm the maintainer of VisEmacs and would like to
add some sort of installation qualification (IQ) to VisEmacs. Most of the
bug reports I get are a result of bad gnuserv installations. This would
greatly aid that.

2) Support for remote editing that does not use ange-ftp. I want to use
remote editing across two windows machines using file shares but the
current mechanism requires ange-ftp to work.

3) Refactor the communication code into an LGPL library. I was planning on
doing this for use in VisEmacsDotNet, but you are probably the better
person to do so.

4) The ability to set the target frame on the gnuclient command line

I'm sure there'll be more. I use gnuserv heavily :)

Jeff Paquette
paquette at atnetsend dot net