Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance

From: rob . davenport
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:53:01 -0400

>Unless anyone raises an objection, I will take over gnuserv's
maintenance.

Great! Glad to see it getting some attention.

>I don't want to bother with (a) finding my VC6 discs or (b) converting
>the project every time I open it.  Besides, it's time to lay VC6 to rest.

Hey, not everyone has the time/money to move to new-fangled compilers all
the time,
or only have access to VC6.  My projects at work don't require .NET and I
couldn't
(and don't want to) pay for VS.NET for a bunch of stuff that's useless to
me
now, and I don't want to bother with installing and maintaing two
compilers either.
I'm glad you can play with the new stuff, and if there will be binary
distributions
(that don't require the .NET frameworks to be installed), that'll be
fine with me, but there's still life in VC6 yet.  Dang whippersnappers...
;P

Rob