Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance

From: Richard M. Heiberger
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:54:01 -0400

> When it does so (when emacs crashes), the copy of
> gnuserv.exe it started continues to run.

It's worse than that.  It continues to run at "CPU Usage: 99%" and the entire
machine
is non-functional until gnuserv is killed from the task manager.

This entire thread, and the proposals to update gnuclient suggest to me that it
has more
functionality than what I use.  I use the 1996 version that I downloaded from
Geoff Voelker's site at cs.washington.edu.  I have never seen a need to update
as I use
it solely to send files to emacs for display (gnuclientw), and occasionally for
editing
(gnuclient).  I am aware of gnudoit and don't need it's capabilities.

I wold love to see someone prepare a short list of the capabilities and intents
of
gnuclient(w)/gnuserv, and a similar list for emacsclient.