Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:34:28 +0100

David Vanderschel <address@hidden> writes:

> Embedded in my last posting is a rationale for why
> gnuclientw needs to exist in addition to the the -q
> flag for gnuclient.

You explain how arguments don't work in shortcuts, but can you or
anyone else explain why -q behaviour is neccesary for shortcuts? The
other more important difference between gnuclient and gnuclientw is
that the latter does not pop up a DOS window while it is active, so
having a gnuclientw process stick around until the file is finished
with in Emacs should not cause any distraction.