Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:20:36 +0200

On 29 Oct 2004 09:09:19 -0500, David Vanderschel <address@hidden> wrote:

> Wrong: Arguments in the target specification of the shortcut after
> the path to the executable are effective in case of drag and drop.
>
> Right: No arguments are passed with drag and drop.  Right: Arguments
> are passed if you open the shortcut.

Not on my machine. I have two otherwise identical shortcuts with these
targets (the EXE is the one patched[1] by me):

  C:\emacs\bin\gnuclientw.exe -F "%1"

  C:\emacs\bin\gnuclientw.exe -M "%1"

If I drag a file onto the first shortcut Emacs consistently opens with
a window ("frame") that covers about half of the screen's width and
height. If I drag a file onto the second shortcut Emacs opens with a
fully maximized window. How can that be if arguments aren't passed?

Cheers,
Edi.

[1] <http://weitz.de/win/#gnuserv>