Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance
Date: 29 Oct 2004 16:42:33 -0500

On Friday, October 29, "Edi Weitz" <address@hidden> wrote:
>If I drag a file onto the first shortcut Emacs consistently opens with
>a window ("frame") that covers about half of the screen's width and
>height. If I drag a file onto the second shortcut Emacs opens with a
>fully maximized window. How can that be if arguments aren't passed?

They clearly are being passed on your system.
They are not being passed on my system.

The assumption that they are passed is apparently
wrong only for Windows 9x and NT.  (This is a
surprisingly fundamental behaviour for MS to have
changed, though I would agree that they changed it in
the right direction.)  The point is that, since it is
not always true that they are passed, we cannot assume
it.

Regards,
  David V.