[h-e-w] DOS boxes and gnuclient vs. gnuclientw

From: Ludwig, Mark
Subject: [h-e-w] DOS boxes and gnuclient vs. gnuclientw
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:14:18 -0500

One aspect of the Windows platform has been a gradual migration away
from "console apps."

Thus, if we want to be working in the direction Microsoft advocates, I
suggest that gnuclient go away and that its ability to wait for a user
to edit something be added to gnuclientw -- assuming it's possible to do
so.

Put another way, I cannot believe anyone /wants/ those DOS boxes to
appear -- minimized or otherwise.  If we have to put up with them,
that'd be different....

Mark