Re: [h-e-w] Suggestion of a good font standard font to use

From: Robert Praetorius
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Suggestion of a good font standard font to use
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:04:17 -0500

> I would like to change the default font, but I'm not sure to what?

> Does anyone have a good idea about a particular font which is easy to
> read and does not strain the eyes?

(for the archive, mostly, as was
 http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-emacs-windows/2002-01/msg00063.html
 , but the links in that one are now dead)

I fall into the fixedsys camp myself, but. . .

No discussion of monospaced fonts would be complete without citing some
of the font lists that are out there

        Robert Crooks' Fixed-Width Fonts Page
        http://www.aliveonline.com/homesite/fonts.html

        Luc Devroye's Monospaced fonts list
        http://jeff.cs.mcgill.ca/~luc/mono.html
        (Pragmata looks particularly nice to me, but I'm
         not sure I'd want to shell out 90 Euros for it
         http://www.fsd.it/fonts/pragma.htm )

        (I can't find a current copy of Paul Neubauer's
         list, but earlier versions of
         http://nova.bsuvc.bsu.edu/prn/monofont/ can
         be found at http://web.archive.org/ and the
         archived versions include the sample