[h-e-w] RE: UTF-8 Problem and Type Association

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [h-e-w] RE: UTF-8 Problem and Type Association
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:25:45 -0500

Hi Fabio and welcome!

This part of the FAQ could use updating:

"set up file associations in Windows 95/98/NT 4.0 using Explorer by
selecting the 'View->Options...' menu operation."

On Windows 2000, the menu selection is 'Tools->Folder Options.'  This
might be true also of the older Windows versions on which Active Desktop
is installed.  Since you got Emacs to load, you probably figured this
out already.

Also, I use two switches with Gnuclient that aren't mentioned in the
FAQ.  I enter this for action:

h:\EMACS\bin\gnuclientw.exe -q -F "%1"

I think one switch tells Emacs to use the existing frame.  The other
might force Emacs to take focus, but I don't remember exactly.  Perhaps
it might help to include them?

I'm referring to the FAQ that resides at this URL:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq3.html#assoc

HTH