[h-e-w] Re: Offline files and delayed writing

From: Brian Elmegaard
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Offline files and delayed writing
Date: 04 Feb 2005 08:27:12 +0100

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> > directory is updated. This fools emacs to think that the file has been
> > saved outside by another application.
>
> It has!

Yes and no, imho. That the file system is slow in saving a file does
not mean that some other application has done the save. Does it?

> You must have some sort of "auto-revert" feature turned on. Try
> turning it off.

This could be an option but I like auto-revert for output files. Would
it be more "correct" to have auto-revert as buffer-local?

How does auto-revert check if it is emacs itself or another that has
saved a file? Does it keep an internal variable for the time of last
save inside emacs? Can this store the time after the compression
instead?

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.dtu.dk/staff/be/be.html