Re: [h-e-w] Emacs and ssh

From: Richard M. Heiberger
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs and ssh
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:14:40 -0500

what is the argument in favor of tramp?

I used ange-ftp until my school turned off ftp.  ftp behaved just like dired
and was fast and efficient.

i got 21.3.50.1 in August in order to use tramp.  It was unacceptably slow so
I now use the independent SSH Communications Security window for file transfer.
Then I got a new 21.3.50.1 in December, and ssh and tramp ceased to work at all.

Is there any ssh-based file transfer mechanism that works with the same
transparency as ange-ftp?