[h-e-w] Entering special characters into buffer , e.g. €

From: Luetzeler Michael
Subject: [h-e-w] Entering special characters into buffer , e.g. €
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:34:45 +0100

Hi,

can anybody help me with this one:
How do I enter special character into an emacs buffer?
- First case: the EURO symbol '€' is on my keyboard and can be accessed via "Ctrl - Alt E"
  (it appears in notepad not in emacs).
- Second case: I would like to enter the spanish 'ñ' from my german keyboard via "Alt 164" (on the numeric keypad).

How can I enter such "special" characters into an emacs buffer?

Cheers,
Michael

Michael Luetzeler
mailto:address@hidden