AW: [h-e-w] Entering special characters into buffer, e.g. €

From: Luetzeler Michael
Subject: AW: [h-e-w] Entering special characters into buffer, e.g. €
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:17:29 +0100

Sorry for my misleading e-mail.

In "Windows applications" e.g. notepad both "Ctrl-Alt E" and "AltGr E"
produce the € sign.

In my nt-emacs setup neither produced any sign in a buffer. For the @ sign
the behaviour is
in emacs "Ctrl-Alt q" -> nothing "AltGr q" -> @.

What font should I use in emacs to be able to display a € sign? My default
font is Courier New and
the € sign shows up as \200. But if I switch to e.g. Arial via the
Shift-Left Click the € sign still is
not shown.

Do I have to "install" new fonts that contain the € sign?

Cheers,
Michael

Dr.-Ing. Michael Luetzeler