[h-e-w] Re: Emacs-21.3, Macaulay2-0.9.2 packaged in Microsoft Installer

From: Rex Dieter
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Emacs-21.3, Macaulay2-0.9.2 packaged in Microsoft Installer (.msi) format
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:42:16 -0500

Brian Elmegaard wrote:

I absolutely appreciate your efforts. Mine
(http://www.et.dtu.dk/Software/DNA/emacs21.3-setup.exe) are probably a
lot less useful and I have several complaints about the installation
of an external package (http://www.et.dtu.dk/Software/DNA/index.html)
to use together with emacs. This is mainly because I haven't been able
to figure out how I can make two installers; one for emacs, one for
DNA, and make shortcuts and interaction work correctly.

With site-start.d support(*), install DNA as usual, and for emacs-integration, just drop DNA init in %programfiles%\Emacs\site-lisp\site-start.d\
and dna-mode.el in
%programfiles%\Emacs\site-lisp

and you should be good to go.

But is it really the best way to make an installer that includes both
programs, like yours?

(??)
I don't include multiple programs in a single installer. I've packaged Emacs and Macaulay2 separately.

-- Rex

(*) To add site-start.d support as I've done, simply append the attached site-start.el (borrowed from my redhat linux emacs install) to your %emacs_dir\site-lisp\site-start.el
;; load ".el" files in "/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/" on startup
(mapc 'load
      (directory-files "/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d" t