[h-e-w] latest prebuilt Emacs for Win

From: Fletcher Blanchard
Subject: [h-e-w] latest prebuilt Emacs for Win
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:48:40 -0400

Thanks, Stephe, I downloaded emacs-21.3.tar.gz . The Readme for Ver. 21.3, Jan 27, 2004, suggests that djtarnt.exe can be used in place of using both gunzip.exe and tar.exe, to unpack the file. I was unable to reach the /utilities site at gnu (505) to download djtarnt.exe, but did find it at another site. When I try to apply djtarnt.exe to the emacs file, it does not completely unpack but leaves the file emacs-21.3-bin-i386.tar . This suggests that there is still another step required to read the .tar file. What am I missing? Fletcher