[h-e-w] Fwd: Re: Control frame size on startup from .emacs

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: [h-e-w] Fwd: Re: Control frame size on startup from .emacs
Date: 05 May 2005 00:23:41 -0500

Michael Mason attempted to post the appended message,
which required moderation because he has not joined
the list.  I was unable to approve the posting because
the Web interface for administrators is currently
down.  Thus I am forwarding it here.

The other responses on this subject did not get into
any issues which are specific to the Windows port of
emacs.  In my opinion, anyone who makes that sort of
response should also politely remind the original
poster that, for future reference, such questions are
more appropriately posed in the gnu.emacs.help Usenet
forum, where there are more folks to help and more who
can benefit from seeing the response.  If you cannot
see a Windows connection, perhaps you should restrain
yourself from responding to such a question at all.

Had Michael's response been of the same sort as the
others, I would not be forwarding it.  However,
Michael did see a Windows connection.  He goes into
detail related to the impact of font selection on
frame size, some of which information is specific to
Windows.  Thus his response is much more nearly on
topic than the others, and I think it should be seen
on the list.

Regards,
  David V.